The Amgen Scholars Program has grown significantly since its launch in 2006. Hosted at 17 institutions throughout the United States, Europe and Japan more than 3,500 scholars have graduated from the program and many are continuing their educations and careers in science-based fields.
While every undergraduate summer research program is unique, our Best Practices book looks into what we’ve found to be the keys to creating a successful program.
Highlights from Amgen Scholars: Best Practices in Summer Undergraduate Research Programs:
- How to market your program
- How to best to match students with faculty mentors
- How to communicate and set expectations at individual sites
- How to give students a leg up in winning top awards
- How to prepare students for graduate school