U.S. Alumni Travel Awards
Fall Deadline: September 22, 2016
The Amgen Scholars Program seeks to increase research proficiency and to promote professional networking opportunities for program alumni who are committed to scientific careers.
The Amgen Scholars U.S. Alumni Travel Awards provide partial support up to $1,500 for national or international conference expenses, to be paid on one installment of 75% prior to conference attendance, and the remaining 25% after submission of a conference report. Applicants must meet all eligibility requirements and application deadlines to be considered. Funding for these travel awards is available through the generous support of the Amgen Foundation.
Alumni of the U.S. Amgen Scholars Program who meet eligibility parameters are invited to apply.
To be eligible you must be:
○ an alumnus/a of the U.S. Amgen Scholars Program
○ selected to participate in an upcoming research conference; proof of participation is required at the time of application. Students are welcome to apply if acceptance to the conference is pending, but issuance of the award is contingent on eventual proof of acceptance
○ currently enrolled in a graduate program in a STEM field (PhD, MD/PhD or master’s), OR
○ currently enrolled or previously enrolled in an undergraduate degree program and presenting specifically on research conducted while an Amgen Scholar. Please note that these students will be required to submit 1) a finalized abstract from their time during the Amgen Scholars Program, and 2) the abstract submitted to the conference. These students are strongly encouraged to contact the Global Program Office to ensure their research is eligible for presentation.
Applicants are chosen on the basis of the following criteria:
○ satisfactory participation in and completion of an Amgen Scholars Program summer research experience
○ unmet financial need related to conference attendance and participation
○ demonstrated academic achievement and excellence based on the transcript, academic CV, and faculty reference letter
○ importance of the research conference to the applicant’s scientific development, academic achievement and professional networking
Note: Priority will be given to first-time applicants. Alumni may apply more than once for the travel award, but alumni may receive the award only one time.