· All alumni of the European Amgen Scholars Programme currently enrolled in a PhD or MD-PhD programme are welcome to apply
· Funding will support attendance at scientific meetings, conferences and workshops; poster or oral presentation is not a pre-requisite for funding
· On acceptance of an award under the scheme, successful applicants agree to write a short report for the Amgen Scholars Community website within 2 months of the event attended
· Successful applicants will not be eligible to apply in subsequent years; unsuccessful applicants may reapply
· The scheme provides support for costs associated with travel, registration and accommodation, up to a maximum of £500 for a European conference or £1000 for an international conference
· A limited amount of funding is available. Annually we expect to make up to 6-8 awards to alumni of the European Amgen Scholars Programme
Submission of applications
· Applications should be made on the official form, and submitted electronically to the Amgen Scholars European Coordinating Centre using the e-mail address: email@example.com
Please title your e-mail 'Application to the ASP alumni scheme'.
· You will also require an academic referee to submit a letter of support, either electronically or by post
· Applications and letters of support should be submitted by 4 December 2017
· Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by 18 December 2017
· Applications will be judged on academic achievement to date, and relevance of the meeting, conference or workshop to your continued scientific development.